Study At The United States at Alma College
SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION PROCESS
Gather Supporting Documents and Apply online
To apply for an OAS – Alma College scholarship, applicants must fill out the OAS online scholarship
application form and attach ALL required supporting documentation. The list of required documentation can
be found through the link below.
ALL the required documents must be combined into one (1) single PDF file (no larger than 5MB). If
the file is larger than 5MB, you will be unable to summit the online form. The application system does
not allow for more than one document to be uploaded. Do not include any additional documents besides
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Applicants are encouraged to contact the College for more information, please go to the College’s website:
Before applying for admission at the College, students are encouraged to read the program description,
and ensure that the study area fulfills their expectations and interests. Please visit:
https://www.alma.edu/admissions/ to understand admission requirements to the programs of study.
Applicants can contact Amanda R. Slenski at email@example.com for more information about the
College’s admission process and program details.
To apply for the OAS – Alma scholarship, the applicant must fill out the OAS online application form and attach the following required supporting documentation:
1. ID – scan or photo of passport page that contains the applicant’s full name, date of birth, and country of citizenship.
2. Admission letter – unconditional admission letter from Alma College.
In addition to the unconditional admission letter from the College, current students from OAS member states at the College should include a signed note from their academic advisors which indicate their academic status at the College.
3. Transcript or record of grades – copy of High School transcript or Associate’s degree transcript or transcript from current institution. Transcripts must be translated by a sworn translator if
English is not the original language of the transcript.
4. Certificate or Diploma – copy of high school certificate or Associate’s degree diploma or letter of enrollment from current institution
5. Two (2) Recommendation Letters – one of the recommendation letters should be provided by a university professor and the other should be provided by current or most recent employer
that includes: the letterhead of the University/Institution, the Professor’s/Employer’s position within the University/Institution, date and signature.
· Applicants with no work experience may substitute the recommendation letter from the employer with a recommendation letter from a second professor.
6. Essays – applicants are required to write and include two (2) essays as part of the OAS-Alma College online scholarship application form and must be written in English. Both essays
should be no longer than 2 pages.
Essay No. 1: Describe how acquiring this academic degree will directly impact and enhance your professional skills in your current job position or future career.
Essay No. 2: Explain how you intend to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in the specific field of study that you will pursue to the development of your country or
7. Curriculum vitae – in English and no specific format is required. Do not include copies of diplomas, certificates or awards; only include text.
8. Proof of English Proficiency, if applicable – students whose native language is not English will be required to submit one of the following as proof of English proficiency:
A copy of an official transcript verifying completion of studies in an English speaking university or college in the last five years;
A test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 570 or higher for the paper based test, 230 for computer-based test, or an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of at least 79;
IELTS 6.5, or the equivalent.
9. Proof of Additional Funds – proof that you have sufficient funds of approximately USD 11,160 to 15,660 to cover remaining tuition and fees and other costs not covered by the scholarship
by including one, or a combination, of the following documents with your scholarship application:
a copy of a rental agreement on property showing you as the property owner;
a copy of a bank statement or bank letter;
a letter from an employer showing a monthly or yearly salary to be received based on study leave with pay;
a letter showing a student loan or additional scholarship(s), grants, financial aid.
Applicants can also apply for the Rowe Fund which is an educational loan program of the OAS that helps citizens from Latin America and the Caribbean to finance their studies in accredited universities across the United States.
Como presentar su documentación en La Oficina Presidencial de Becas:
1. Presentar toda la documentación requerida por La OEA en forma física
2. Presentar toda la documentación de manera digital en un CD escaneado en formato PDF, documento por documento
Study At The United States at Alma College
Questions about this scholarship opportunity should be sent to with the subject
“OAS- Jackson State University Scholarship Program
EXPENSES NOT COVERED BY THIS SCHOLARSHIP
Expenses not covered by the scholarship, and which are the sole responsibility of the scholarship recipients, are:
Remaining tuition and/or school fees
Immigration and visa fees;
Round trip airfare; and
Any additional fees not included in the OAS-Alma Scholarship
An estimate of the cost of studying at the College could be found
The tuition discount from the College shall be spread across the Fall and Spring semesters only. Students
should note that the tuition rate is expected to increase each year at the College.
The scholarship recipients will be responsible for payment of the remaining tuition fees and any other costs as
needed to the College.
Applicants can also apply for the Rowe Fund which is an educational loan program of the OAS that helps
citizens from Latin America and the Caribbean to finance their studies in accredited universities across the